- Users who request or receive Beauty Services;
- Third party Providers or Beauty Services providers; and
- Those who provide information to DashStylists in connection with an application to use our Services, or whose information DashStylists otherwise receives in connection with its Services (such as contact information of individuals associated with partners).
All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Types of Data We Collect
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of DashStylists:
Information you provide. This may include:
- User profile: we collect information when you create or update your DashStylists account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name, password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers such as Social Security number, service provider’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature. This may also includes vehicle or insurance information. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your DashStylists account.
- Background check information: we may collect background check information if you sign up to use DashStylists’ Services as a beauty service provider. This may include information such as or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a vendor on DashStylists’ behalf.
- Demographic data: we may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. We may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- User content: we may collect information that you submit when you contact DashStylists customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact DashStylists.
Information created when you use our Services. This may include:
- Location Information. Depending on the DashStylists Services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a beauty service provider or a third party service provider, DashStylists collects location information when the DashStylists app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a user and have provided permission for the processing of location data, DashStylists collects location information when the DashStylists app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, DashStylists also collects this information when the DashStylists app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- All type of users and service providers may use the DashStylists app without enabling DashStylists to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your DashStylists app. For example, if you do not enable DashStylists to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your address. In addition, location information may be collected from the service providers during the service and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled DashStylists to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information. We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of Beauty Services you requested or provided, your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage information. We collect information about how you interact with our Services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our Services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the devices you use to access our Services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Communications data. We enable users to communicate with each other and DashStylists through the DashStylists Apps, Sites, and other Services. For example, we may enable beauty service providers and users, to call or text each other. To provide this service, DashStylists receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. DashStylists may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and Services and for analytics.
Information from other sources. These may include:
- User feedback, such as as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting Beauty Services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- DashStylists business partners through which you create or access your DashStylists account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or Apps or Sites who use DashStylists’ APIs or whose API DashStylists uses (such as when you order a service through Google Maps).
- Insurance providers.
- Financial services providers.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
DashStylists may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
Use of Your Personal Data
DashStylists uses the information it collects mainly to provide services you requested and improve our products and features.
Providing services and features. DashStylists uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and Services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Enable execution of Beauty Services you requested.
- Process or facilitate payments for those Beauty Services.
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our Services.
- To track the progress of your service, especially to locate the service provider you appointed.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a service provider, refer a friend to DashStylists, or split fares.
- Enable features to personalize your DashStylists account, especially bookmark favorites or store your history of Beauty Services.
- Enable accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our Services.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Safety and security. We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Services and users. This includes, for example:
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process.
- Using user ratings to encourage improvement by affected users, and as grounds for deactivating users with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required in their region. Calculation and deactivation may be done through an automated decision making process. Users in the EU have have the right to object to this type of processing.
- Screening service providers prior to enabling their use of our Services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks where permitted by law, to prevent use of our Services by unsafe service providers.
Customer support. DashStylists uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
Research and development. We may use the collected information for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our Services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our Services.
Communications among users. DashStylists uses the collected information to enable communications between our users. For example, a service provider may text or call a user to confirm a location.
Communications with DashStylists. DashStylists may use the collected information to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. DashStylists may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our Services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as a DashStylists user.
Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of DashStylists’ Services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies and Third-Party Technologies
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements.
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
Disclosure and Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect:
With other users. For example, if you are a user, we may share your first name, average user rating given by service providers, and pickup and/or locations with service providers. If you share a DashStylists service with another user, that user may be told your name and may see your location and requested Beauty Services.
If you are a service provider, we may share information with your user(s) including name, photo, location, average rating provided by users, history of service with DashStylists, and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a service provider profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past users have submitted about you. The user will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo.
At your request. This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
- DashStylists business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, DashStylists may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, vehicle suppliers, or Services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom DashStylists may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
With the general public when you submit content to a public forum. When you submit information or communicate with DashStylists through public forums such as DashStylists blogs, social media, and certain features on our network, your communications may be viewable by the public.
With the owner of DashStylists accounts that you may use. If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- Using your employer’s DashStylists account for business purpose.
- A user who have a service arranged by a friend or under a family profile.
With DashStylists subsidiaries and affiliates. We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our Services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
With DashStylists service providers and business partners. DashStylists may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Background check providers (service providers and delivery partners only).
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with DashStylists or on DashStylists’ behalf.
- Vendors that assist DashStylists to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Insurance and financing partners.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute. DashStylists may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect DashStylists’ rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our Services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including service information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With your consent. DashStylists may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention and Deletion
DashStylists requires user profile information in order to provide our Services, and we retain such information for as long you maintain your DashStylists account.
DashStylists retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide DashStylists’ Services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, DashStylists takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the DashStylists App or Site.
Following such request, DashStylists deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, DashStylists may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, DashStylists will delete your account as described above.
DashStylists may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if DashStylists shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, DashStylists may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new DashStylists account in the future.
Third Party Websites
Our Relationship with Third Party Services
We may offer you interfaces that allow you to connect with third party services and social networking services such as Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (as noted above, collectively, “SNS”) through our Services. We will work with the SNS’ application protocol interface (better known as their developer API) in a way that allows you to authorize us to access your account on that SNS on your behalf. In order to provide this authorization, you will not provide us with your user name or password to the SNS, but you will need to log-in to that SNS directly through our Site. Once authorized by you, the SNS will provide us a token that allows the SNS to recognize us when we ask, on your behalf, for access to your account information or to post information. You will be able to revoke our access to any SNS site at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS, though such revocation may limit the Services we are able to provide you.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
Privacy settings. The Privacy Settings menu in the DashStylists user app gives users the the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from DashStylists. Information on these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings are described below.
- Location Information. DashStylists uses user's device location services to make help improve our Services, including navigation for the beauty service providers, or customer support. You may enable/disable, or adjust, DashStylists’ collection of user location information at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the DashStylists app, or via the settings on your mobile device. If you disable the device location services on your device, your use of the DashStylists app will be affected. For example, you will need to manually enter your service location.
- Share Live Location (Users). If you have enabled the device location services on your mobile device, you may also enable DashStylists to share your location with your beauty service provider. This makes it easier for your beauty service provider to reach your location. You may enable/disable location sharing at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the DashStylists app. You may use the DashStylists app if you have not enabled location sharing, but it may be more difficult to locate you.
- Notifications: Account and Services updates. DashStylists provides users with service status notifications and updates related to your account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the DashStylists app, and cannot be disabled. However, you may choose the method by which you receive these notifications through the Privacy Settings menu in the DashStylists Spp or Site.
- Notifications: Discounts and News. You may enable DashStylists to send you push notifications about discounts and news from DashStylists. You may enable/disable these notifications at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the DashStylists app.
Device permissions. Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the DashStylists app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the DashStylists app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Ratings Look-Up. After every service, beauty service provider and users are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the service went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both service providers and users.
Explanations, copies and corrections. You may request that DashStylists:
- Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information DashStylists has collected about you and how it uses that information.
- Receive a copy of the information DashStylists has collected about you.
- Request correction of any inaccurate information that DashStylists has about you.
You can make these requests by contacting us (see Contacts page / section). You can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in DashStylists’ app.
Marketing opt-outs. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from DashStylists. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from DashStylists by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
Security of Your Personal Data
To protect the security of your Personal Data, we use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Control of Login and Password
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third parties to whom we may have disclosed, within the past calendar year, personal information pertaining to you and your family for the company's direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. To obtain such information you must make a request in writing. Your request must include your name and email address, the URL for the website you visited, and a return address or it will not be processed. We will not honor such requests more than once per calendar year. Please mail your request to DashStylists at 2674 Brookwood Drive, Atlanta, GA 30305.
European Union Residents
The GDPR took effect on May 25, 2018 and is intended to protect the data of European Union (EU) citizens. Although DashStylists markets its Site, App and Services online, we do not specifically target our marketing to the EU, nor do we conduct business in or to the EU in any meaningful way. In fact, the Site, App and all Services and/or materials created, sold and/or otherwise disseminated by DashStylists are made available only to United States’ citizens, and access thereto is strictly forbidden to any EU citizen. If you are an EU citizen, you are directed to leave the Site and/or App and are forbidden from accessing the Site, App and Services. Furthermore, if you are an EU citizen, you are forbidden from sending, and are explicitly directed not to send, any Personally Identifiable Information to DashStylists and/or its affiliates.
If you nevertheless ignore this warning, access the Site or App, and are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing this Site or App from within the EEA, you may have the right to request: access to, correction of, deletion of; portability of; and restriction or objection to processing, of your personal data, from us. This includes the “right to be forgotten.” To make any of these requests, please contact DashStylists through this Site.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Site, the Applications or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our Services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.